When: Sunday, 22nd April 2018
Where: Central London, London
Distance: Marathon (26.2 miles)
We are proud to announce that the RSPCA Scarborough & District Branch has been allocated a place in the 2018 London Marathon. Furthermore, we are happy to announce that seasoned runner Ben Nolan from Digital Zest is running it for us. His training is going well and he has already completed his 18-mile stage and and is on target with his training plan, by the time Ben completes his training he will have run the equivalent distance from Scarborough to Paris.
Please support Ben and the RSPCA Scarborough & District Branch in raising as much as we can. All money raised is used locally to support animal welfare and rehabilitate and rehome animals in need.
Do you have your own place in the London Marathon?
We welcome runners who have secured their own place. You’ll receive all the same benefits, communication and support as our other charity runners and you can help us reach our team target.
We just ask that if you have your own place you fundraise as much as you can for animals and help us reach our team target.
All our London Marathon runners benefit from:
- RSPCA team animal running vestand a t-shirt to train in.
- Iron on vest letters, so spectators can shout your name!
- Cheering groupsalong the route on the day, which your friends and family can join.
- Running fundraising pack, which includes lots of ideas to maximise your sponsorship, sponsorship form, running guide, fundraising materials such as stickers, posters and collection boxes.
- Goodiesfor your friends and family cheering you on.
- A post race reception partyin London, close to the finish line with complimentary food and drinks for runners. Friends and family welcome.
- Post race massage
- Facebook group to talk to other RSPCA runners before the race day and share your experiences.
- Regular encouragement and motivationby email.
- Committed Events team on hand to help with your fundraising.